Waldron, AR Home Insurance Tips for Homeowners

Your friends at The Owens Agency LLC , servicing the Waldron, AR area, remind you that your home is your most important asset. But what about the contents of your home? Perhaps you have an expensive jewelry collection with precious gems and family heirlooms that would be almost impossible to replace. Do you have insurance that covers these items?

Renters vs. Owners

Renters use renter insurance to cover the contents of their home. The homeowner of the rental property must carry homeowner’s insurance in order to protect the rental from damages or loss. But this insurance does not cover the contents of your home if you rent.

If you own your home, however, or if you are in the middle of paying off a mortgage to own your home, most homeowner’s insurance also covers the contents of your home. 

Arkansas State Requirements

In the state of Arkansas, you are not required to carry homeowners’ insurance. However, your mortgage company may require that you insure your property in order to lend money to you to purchase your home. This is because they have to protect the property you are purchasing from them while you are paying it out. 

Once you fully own your home, you are no longer required to carry this insurance, but The Owens Agency LLC in the Waldron AR area and others do strongly recommend that you keep it!

Acts of God

God gets blamed for a lot of things that he might not have had a hand in. One of them is natural disasters. Tornadoes, floods, fire, vandalism, and other natural occurrences can devastate a home in the span of only a few hours.

While no one likes to think of such things, it is imperative that you do if you want to protect your home in the event that bad luck comes your way.

Visit the folks at The Owens Agency LLC if you are in the Waldron, AR area and find out how to use home insurance to protect your investment. Today is the day to prepare for what tomorrow might bring!

Do I Need Car Insurance If I Don’t Drive

Those who do not drive may not need auto insurance if they do not own a vehicle. However, if you own a car, even if you do not drive it in Waldron, AR, you may still need to have some insurance coverage. Below are some reasons why you may or may not need car insurance if you do not drive. 

For assistance determining if auto insurance is needed, regardless of if you drive or not, give our experts a call at The Owens Agency LLC. 

Do I Need Auto Insurance If I Do Not Drive? 

If you do not own a vehicle and do not drive, you do not have to purchase auto insurance coverage. 

Should I Have Auto Insurance If I Am Not Using My Car? 

If you own a car, even if you do not drive it, there is a good chance you will need to have auto insurance to cover it. If you do not want to maintain car insurance for the unused vehicle, you may consider selling it. Otherwise, you may have to continue to pay for insurance coverage for the car. 

If I Don’t Drive the Car, Can I Limit the Insurance Coverage? 

If you are not driving the car because you cannot but plan to save the vehicle for someone else, there may be some options. Call your insurance company today to discuss options and explain why the car is not used. There may be lower insurance options available while the vehicle is not being used. 

Those who do not drive in Waldron, AR do not need to have auto insurance. However, if there is a chance you may drive someone else’s vehicle, or you own a car you are not driving, you may still need auto insurance coverage. Call The Owens Agency LLC today for information and auto insurance options when you do not own a vehicle or do not drive the one you have. 

What Waldron, AR truckers need to know about insurance

Finding the right trucking insurance is critically important for both individual drivers and transportation companies. At The Owens Agency LLC in Waldron, AR, we offer several trucking insurance options that provide comprehensive coverage to ensure companies and individuals have the protection they need to operate with confidence. 

What is trucking insurance? 

Believe it or not, there’s no one type of trucking insurance. Think of it as a sort of umbrella term that includes several different types of coverage — all related to trucking. Certain types of trucking insurance protect individual drivers while on the road, while other types cover events such as accidents during loading and refrigeration loss. 

What types of trucking insurance are available? 

Let’s start with the simplest coverage out there — primary liability insurance. This coverage generally protects drivers against liability claims from other motorists after an accident. General liability coverage is designed for trucking companies, although it often provides some coverage for events involving individual drivers. Other options to consider include physical damage coverage and motor truck cargo insurance. The former covers damage to rigs, and the latter protects drivers and transportation companies from claims arising from damage caused by events such as unforeseeable delays. The precise nature of the coverage depends on what you choose, the insurance company you select and Arizona’s insurance regulations. 

Interested? We can help!

If you’d like more information about trucking insurance in Waldron, AR, give the experts at The Owens Agency LLC a call or reach out via the contact information on the website. After speaking with you and discussing your needs, the agents at The Owens Agency LLC can help you determine the best trucking insurance for your particular situation. 

Advantages of Home Insurance

With the home being a valued investment for homeowners, getting adequate coverage to protect it from disasters is crucial to keeping it secure throughout its lifespan. This brings in home insurance, a policy that allows you to safeguard your Waldron, AR property from losses, damages, and other emergencies. Apart from this, home insurance also offers other benefits, with The Owens Agency LLC taking you through the following advantages.

Protect Your Home Contents

While the main benefit of home insurance is protecting the external structure of your property, your home contents are also covered. This means that if perils such as fire, theft, or vandalism occur and damage your electronics, furniture, or clothing, home insurance will help you pay for their repairs or replacements.

Provides You With Temporary Living Expenses

If your house suffers extensive damage and becomes uninhabitable, you will be required to seek shelter elsewhere until your home is safe to live in. Home insurance offers additional living expenses when covered perils arise, helping you cater for accommodation costs, meals, and travel expenses.

Offers Peace of Mind

No matter how much financial security you have, getting your home secured offers you peace of mind during your everyday routine. Home insurance provides property owners a sense of safety, helping you get the proper compensation to get your life back on track again. Building a home from the ground up is no easy feat, with a home policy helping you take care of any damage you incur.

Protect Your Family

Home insurance also comes with the benefit of family coverage, offering protection for any injuries or property damage that covered members of your family cause to other parties. This is often accidental bodily injury caused during guest visits or property damage on 3rd party possessions. With such protection, your loved ones can cater to other parties’ medical bills, their legal fees, and damages when sued.

If you are looking for coverage that offers the above benefits of home insurance, consider giving The Owens Agency LLC a call today. Our Waldron, AR agents will take you through the various home policies suited to your needs.

When it Comes to Auto Insurance Don’t Settle For Less

You’ve been thinking about your life and home insurance lately, but have you thought about your auto insurance. Yes, you have liability insurance, but is it enough to cover all auto-related risks?

No matter the circumstances, you need assurance that the insurer will compensate you when an accident happens. To get the best protection, you’ll need to understand auto insurance types and how auto insurance works. It’s only then that you can determine if you’re adequately protected. 

But where do you get the correct information about auto insurance in Waldron, AR? Luckily, you have a reliable partner in The Owens Agency LLC. Here’s our advice to you.

Auto Insurance Terms

Before choosing an auto insurance policy, you need to understand the various terms used. These are the terms to assist you in knowing whether you have the best protection. Some common terms include:

Deductible: This is the amount you pay to cover losses before the insurance coverage takes over. The higher the deductible, the lower the compensation you receive. 

Coverage limit: This is the maximum compensation you’re entitled from your policy. Any amount above your limit is your personal obligation.  

Types of Auto Insurance

To know whether you’re adequately covered, you need to choose your policy wisely. Liability auto insurance coverage is not the same as comprehensive coverage. Some typical auto insurance coverages include:

Liability coverage: This coverage might not protect you and your car, but it will save your finances. It covers bodily injuries or property damage caused by your vehicle to other people. 

Comprehensive Coverage: When you want to protect your car from theft and natural disasters, this is the coverage you need. However, it might not cover collision. You need separate protection known as collision coverage.

Is Your Coverage Sufficient?

When purchasing auto insurance, you need to make sure that you’re fully covered. Do not take shortcuts or assume everything is well. Consult a reliable insurance agent for credible information about the limits of your coverage. 

Do you want an auto insurance policy that won’t disappoint you when filing a claim? Contact The Owens Agency LLC agents in Waldron, AR for assistance.

An Intro to Trucking Insurance

The commercial auto policy owned by your interior design consultant varies vastly from the policy carried by a trucker whether short-haul or long-haul. The Owens Agency LLC serving Waldron, AR wants you to understand how commercial auto differs from commercial trucking insurance.

Driving a big rig or 18-wheelers also get called, requires a higher form of commercial auto insurance than other vehicles. The minimum mandatory required insurance includes a full coverage policy to which most states add more than ten policy types.

What does a trucking commercial insurance policy include?

The typical trucking insurance policy consists of coverage that provides for reimbursement for damages when the truck is parked, used for personal reasons, or used for business purposes. Full coverage for a trucking insurance policy includes:

  • Bobtail/deadhead coverage,
  • Bodily injury liability coverage,
  • Collision coverage,
  • Comprehensive coverage,
  • Contingent liability coverage,
  • Employers liability coverage,
  • Hired auto physical damage coverage,
  • Medical payments’ coverage,
  • Motortruck cargo coverage,
  • Property damage liability coverage,
  • Refrigeration breakdown,
  • Rental reimbursement coverage including a business interruption coverage component.

Collision and comprehensive often get referred to collectively as physical damage coverage, but in policy statements, receive separate sections of discussion of allowances, limitations, and policy caps. Most of the coverage types listed in states make mandatory. This excludes rental reimbursement and business interruption though.

An independent trucker would need to purchase most coverages except employers’ liability. That type of insurance a trucking company with many employees who drive for them would purchase. All types of liability insurance most states require.

Call The Owens Agency LLC serving Waldron, AR today for more information on trucking insurance. Let us help your trucking company or independent operation obtain the proper coverage you need.

Tips For First Time Home Insurance Buyers in Waldron, AR

If you have recently bought a home in Waldron, AR, it is necessary that you get a home insurance policy. As a first-time homebuyer, selecting the right approach is always a challenge, which means that you will need assistance from an expert. The Owens Agency LLC is dedicated to helping the first time home buyers purchase the best insurance policy they can get from the market by discussing some possible tips. 

Talk to an Expert

As a first-time homebuyer, talking to an expert about home insurance coverage is the best strategy you can always incorporate. Your independent agency will give you some detailed information about the types of home insurance policies available, the best option to choose, and some of the possible areas you can exploit to pay lower premiums.

Bundle Up

You might probably be looking for other possible insurance policies together with the home coverage. Buying all the policies from the same agency is essential when it comes to saving money. For many years, insurance agencies have been offering discounts to people who have been purchasing two or more policies through the process of bundling up. 

Fill in Coverage Gaps

As a new homeowner, you need to understand that insurance policies are always focused on gaining at the expense of the buyer, which means that they will deliberately leave some gaps. For example, damages to the sewer, flooding, and earthquake may not be covered by your primary coverage. It is upon you to make sure that you have a gap policy covering everything in your house. 

Owning a home in Waldron, AR is a dream come true for many people. However, as a new homeowner, you need to be responsible and take care of your new property by buying home insurance. The Owens Agency LLC will help you to get the best policy that will meet your preferences.

Why people need auto insurance in Arkansas?

When you are in the Waldron, AR area, it will be a good idea to own a car. Those that are here will appreciate the convenience that it provides. If you are going to get a car in this town, you also need to get insurance for it. There continue to be multiple reasons why most people in this area will need to get an auto insurance plan. 

Insurance is Needed to Protect Car

A reason that people all over this state need auto insurance is that it is needed if you want to protect your car. Most people in Arkansas are going to drive their car daily for their commute and to get around town. Due to the reliance, you have on your car, protecting it is very important. If you get full auto insurance, it will give the protection needed if your car is stolen or damaged.

Insurance Needed to Protect Driver

You will also need to get auto insurance to protect the driver of the car. When you drive any type of car in any situation, there can always be a chance that you could cause an accident. If this happens, you will want to know that you are protected against liability risk. When you get auto insurance, you will have liability coverage for damages up to the limit in the policy. 

Anyone that is looking for an auto insurance plan in the Waldron, AR area needs to make sure they get the guidance needed to choose a quality policy. The team with The Owens Agency LLC can be a great resource for you. As you reach out to the team at The Owens Agency LLC, you will soon find that they can answer your questions and help build you a quality policy. 

Exploring Some Common Misconceptions Regarding Trucking Insurance

 The Owens Agency LLC assists the Waldron, AR community by helping residents find multiple types of insurance coverage. We strive to help our clients find the policies they need to protect their most valuable assets. As an independent agency, we offer our clients a wide variety of options so that they can find the right policy for their situation.

Common Misconceptions Regarding Trucking Insurance

If you work in the trucking industry, trucking insurance will provide you with a layer of security. The policy covers the vehicle against potential damages due to a collision or theft. Liability coverage is also important, as you will be protected if the truck damages someone else’s property. As you explore different policies, be aware of some of the common misconceptions regarding trucking insurance.

Don’t rely on your motor carrier’s policy. This is a common mistake that a lot of people make regarding coverage. If you are operating the truck around Waldron, AR in a separate endeavor from the task that your motor carrier assigned, you will not be protected if something happens. Having your own trucking insurance policy is the only way to cover your truck against all of the potential risks.

Make sure that your truck is covered while you have it in storage. Even while your truck is stored at a facility, there is a chance that an accidental fire may start or another type of natural disaster causes damage. There’s also the chance that your truck may be stolen. Make sure that your policy includes storage coverage.

If your truck needs repairs, downtime coverage will protect you. Accidents can happen at any moment, which is why downtime coverage is an asset. You could potentially suffer huge losses if your truck needs repairs and you don’t have downtime coverage.

Consult With The Owens Agency LLC

Visit our website today to learn more information about trucking insurance.

Should we get home insurance?

For those that are in the Waldron, AR area, owning a home can be a great housing option. If you are going to purchase a home here, you will want to cover yourself with insurance as well as possible. There are several reasons why someone in this area of Arkansas should get a home insurance policy for their property. 

Insurance Protects Most Valuable Asset

A home is the most valuable asset that a lot of people will ever own. Unlike other forms of assets, this asset can be fully protected and covered with insurance. If you get a full home insurance policy, you can receive the coverage needed to repair or replace your property if it is damaged or destroyed. You can also get coverage for your personal belongings, up to your policy limit. 

Insurance is Normally a Requirement

Additionally, you will want to get a home insurance policy because it will be a requirement for you. The majority of buyers in Arkansas are going to take out a home loan to purchase their vehicle. If you have taken out a mortgage, you will want to stay in good standing with your lender. Most of the time, this will mean carrying sufficient insurance that meets the standards and requirements set by your mortgage lender. 

Owning a home in the Waldron, AR area can be a dream for many people. As you are looking for a new policy to protect your asset, it would be a good idea to call The Owens Agency LLC. When you work with The Owens Agency LLC for your insurance needs you can learn a lot about how home insurance will protect you. The team will give the right guidance to help you pick the best policy for your personal situation.