Your auto insurance is going to protect you from most hazards in Waldron, AR, but there are plenty of reasons why a claim might be denied. Here are some of the most common:
- You don’t have the coverage you think you have. If you buy the bare minimum, that only covers liability. You at least need comprehensive and collision to cover your car, and you may want to consider gap insurance to cover the rest of your car payments, and replacement insurance to buy a new car.
- You didn’t make your report on time. It varies from one insurer to the next, and even from policy to policy, but your insurer expects you to file your claim within a certain timeframe.
- You forgot to tell your insurer about your new car. You should tell your insurance agent right away when you buy a new car. It’s probably going to be worth more than the old one, so you don’t want to find out that your new car is insured at a pre-owned value.
- You didn’t get your facts straight. For instance, if you filed an uninsured motorist claim but the other driver does have insurance, you’ll probably see your claim being denied.
- Disputed liability. Simply put: It’s not quite clear who’s at fault just yet, and you won’t be able to file a claim until the matter is settled.
If you’re looking to get covered in Waldron, AR, or if you have any questions, get in touch with us at The Owens Agency LLC. You can call, get online or stop by the Owens Agency LLC offices and we’ll see what we can do to get you covered.