Distracted driving is one of the biggest factors in auto accidents in the Waldron, AR area. Use these tips from the Owens Agency, LLC to reduce the chances of hurting yourself or someone else while you’re on the road.
- Put your phone in the glove box or another location that you physically cannot access while driving. This is the best way to avoid the temptation to peak every time you receive a notification. If this isn’t possible, turn your device off or put it on silent.
- Before putting the vehicle into drive, make sure all children are properly secured in car seats or safety restraints. Place pets in car carriers to keep them from moving about the vehicle while you’re driving.
- Set up your navigation before you start the car. Use a hands-free mount to attach your navigation device to the dashboard where you can see it without taking your eyes off of the road for too long.
- Don’t eat while you’re behind the wheel. The time it takes to reach for a french fry is enough time to avoid a collision. Eat before you leave your location, or simply wait until you get where you’re going.
- Talk to your teen driver about cellphone use behind the wheel. Create a written contract in which they promise not to succumb to the pressures of texting and driving. Establish clear and appropriately severe consequences if they’re caught disobeying the rules.
- Avoid grooming while your vehicle is in motion. If you need to apply makeup, shave, or arrange your hair, wait until you’ve arrived at your destination. You’ll do a better job when you don’t have to divide your attention.
The Owens Agency, LLC offers automobile insurance for residents in the Waldron, AR area. Contact us for more information on the dangers of distracted driving.